Auto Europe

  • Contact our Rental Specialists


    Auto Europe's Refundable Excess with Super Cover explained
    Car Rentals Worldwide
    Alamo Rental Car
    Avis Car Rental
    Budget Rental Car
    Dollar Car Rental
    National Car Rental
    Sixt Rent a Car
    Car Rentals Worldwide

    How is my car rental protected with Refundable Excess?

    For all its customers, Auto Europe offers a Refundable Excess with Super Cover package. This gives you the protection should the car rental supplier charge you an excess due to damage or theft of the rental vehicle. Through this package you may claim back the excess amount paid to the supplier from Auto Europe after your rental ic completed. The process is very straight forward. Firstly, you will need to settle the excess sum with the supplier, then contact Auto Europe to file a claim. When making a claim it is important to collect all the compulsory documentation before contacting us. Our Car Rental Refundable Excess with Super Cover package includes the following items:

    • Vehicle bodywork damage, including locks, hubcaps, roof, undercarriage, etc.
    • Damage to vehicle glass, such as windscreen, side windows, etc.
    • Damage to vehicle wheels and tyres.
    • Refund on administration costs incurred.
    • Damage or loss of keys.

    What to do if you have an accident or the vehicle is stolen?

    If you happen to have an accident, encounter new damage(s) or have the vehicle stolen, then stay calm and work through the following procedure. Auto Europe is available to help in such situations, so do not hesitate to contact us should you need further clarification.

    • Call the Police:
      It is important that you call the police and file an official police report. Regardless if your vehicle is stolen, you are involved in an accident with a third party or you find new damage(s) on the vehicle. The police report is recorded proof of the incident. Make sure that other involved parties details are included
    • Call Rental Supplier:
      Within 24 hours you must call the car rental supplier to inform them of the incident. Contact details can be found on your voucher and contract
    • Capture Videos / Photos:
      Make sure you capture as much video and photographic evidence as possible
    • File a Rental Supplier Accident Report:
      Upon completion of your rental, make sure to fill in and sign an accident report with the local car rental supplier.

    How can I claim back money from Auto Europe?

    If you have purchased our Car Rental Refundable Excess coverage and you need to file a claim with Auto Europe, then this must be done within ninety (90) days from the date of the incident. Firstly, complete our customer service form, along with the refund form, and return it to us together with the following documentation:

    • Original Auto Europe Car Voucher
    • Supplier Car Rental Contract – signed
    • Police Incident Report
    • Supplier Accident Report
    • Credit Card Statement – clearly showing how much the car rental supplier charged
    • Final invoice
    • Invoice of the repair
    • Any photographs or video evidence
    • Full details of everyone involved.